Safety, Senior Safety and Principle Safety Engineers
NESC is a professional engineering support provider, specialising in high hazard and high consequence engineering and people assurance.
Principally focussed towards the defence and civil nuclear industries, NESC is a multidisciplinary engineering consultancy organisation, which thrives on tackling engineering challenges head on, deriving logical and cost-effective solutions to complex problems.
NESC recognises that in order to maintain and grow, we are reliant on the identification/retention of highly motivated suitably qualified and experienced people (SQEP), and as a result we currently have a number of vacancies for Safety Engineers based out of our Plymouth office.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for providing our clients operational teams with specialist knowledge and support relating to nuclear and radiological safety, including radiological protection and human factors, and to ensure ‘right first time’ compliance with regulations. We are looking for individuals to support both new-build infrastructure as well as projects relating to the development and maintenance of existing safety cases.
As a Safety Engineer at NESC, responsibilities will include:
- Delivering nuclear safety cases and licencing plans.
- Technically govern project delivery, whilst delivering Engineering Safety projects, including the management of wider systems activities.
- Demonstration of knowledge and support of nuclear and radiological processes to nuclear clients.
- Ensure compliance with statutory legislation and the terms of the site licences
Essential Skills and Experience
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent (e.g. ex-Royal Navy Category A or B Watch Keeper. Relevant STEM degrees will also be considered).
- Strong ability to communicate in all situations and at different professional levels.
- Excellent leadership, negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Security cleared (or eligible to acquire).
- Understanding of ALARP assessment.
- Willingness to learn and ability to diversify across multiple projects and domains.
- Competitive salary.
- The opportunity to work in an exciting and dynamic environment.
- Generous holiday entitlements.
- Excellent career development prospects.
- Private health care.
- The chance to work for an organisation who has the nation’s security at its heart.
Applying for the Role
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com.
NESC’s head office is located in Plymouth, Devon but as we support a number of clients (both Defence and Civil) within the UK and therefore there may be a requirement for travel.
Our team of highly experienced engineers are waiting to talk with you about your needs.