NESC Mechanical/Electrical Engineer (Junior, Senior, Principal)
NESC is a professional engineering support provider, specialising in high hazard and high consequence engineering and people assurance.
Principally focussed towards the defence and civil nuclear industries, NESC is a multidisciplinary engineering consultancy, which thrives on tackling engineering challenges head on, deriving logical and cost-effective solutions to complex problems.
NESC recognises that in order to maintain and grow, we are reliant on the identification/retention of highly motivated suitably qualified and experienced people (SQEP), and as a result we currently have a number of vacancies for Engineers at different levels based out of our Plymouth office.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for providing our clients with through life Engineering support relating to nuclear Engineering, and to ensure ‘right first time’ compliance with associated regulations/standards. We are looking for individuals to support both new-build infrastructure as well as projects relating to the development and maintenance of existing engineering assets.
As an Engineer at NESC, responsibilities will include:
• Technically govern and deliver Engineering projects, including the management of wider systems activities.
• Demonstration of knowledge and support of nuclear engineering processes to clients.
• Ensure compliance with statutory legislation and the terms of the site licences
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Qualified to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent (e.g. ex-Royal Navy Category A or B Watch Keeper. Relevant STEM degrees will also be considered).
• Strong ability to communicate in all situations and at different professional levels.
• Excellent leadership, negotiation and decision-making skills.
• Security cleared (or eligible to acquire).
• Willingness to learn and ability to diversify across multiple projects and domains.