At NESC, we understand the need to employ individuals who are highly organised, show excellent leadership capabilities and have the attitude to want to deliver to the highest standard. We also want to be able to see that you can communicate effectively and demonstrate this whilst working within an experienced team. We recognise what graduates can offer to an organisation and appreciate the number of skills they possess.
About the Role
Right now, we are looking for graduates to join our developing team of engineers based in our office in Plymouth, UK.
Your role will encompass a broad range of aspects in nuclear safety engineering. This will involve undertaking hazard identification, deterministic and probabilistic safety analyses, producing ALARP justifications and engaging with engineers and facility stakeholders as part of the delivery of nuclear safety assessments.
You will be working as part of a Nuclear Safety Team and will be involved in the development and delivery of Nuclear Safety Cases. Subsequently, this role will allow you to develop an understanding of nuclear safety and radiological protection processes.
NESC recognises that in order to maintain and grow, we are reliant on the identification/retention of highly motivated suitably qualified and experienced people (SQEP), and as a result we currently have a number of vacancies for Safety Engineers based out of our Plymouth office.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline (Relevant STEM degrees will also be considered).
- Eligible to gain security clearance.
- Excellent written English, and able to provide evidence/example of own work, if requested.
- Strong numerical skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Strong ability to communicate in all situations and at different professional levels.
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills.
- Willingness to learn and ability to diversify across multiple projects and domains.
- Flexible to the needs of the business, and changes to project plans.
- Experience of working within Defence or high hazard and regulated industries.
- Competitive Salary – For all our roles, we offer a competitive and negotiable salary which strongly rivals all of our competitors.
- Holiday Entitlements – We offer 25 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays.
- Company Pension Scheme – We use the NEST pension scheme and choose to pay the higher element of the pension contribution. NEST is a workplace pension set up and recommended by the UK government.
- Support to Your Health & Wellbeing – At NESC, we understand that your health and wellbeing come above all else. Therefore, we offer Bupa private health insurance and gym membership to all our employees.
- Working in an Exciting and Dynamic Environment – We have strong ties with the military and a number of large organisations located throughout the UK so not all work will be confined to one location. You could have the opportunity to visit a number of sites throughout the UK and work on a number of projects.