Mechanical, Senior Mechanical and Principal Mechanical Engineers
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for providing our clients with through life engineering support relating to nuclear engineering, and to ensure ‘right first time’ compliance with associated regulations/standards. We are looking for individuals to support both new-build infrastructure as well as projects relating to the development and maintenance of existing engineering assets.
As a Mechanical Engineer at NESC, responsibilities will include:
- Technically govern and deliver engineering projects, including the management of wider systems activities.
- Demonstration of knowledge and support of nuclear engineering processes to clients.
- Ensure compliance with statutory legislation and the terms of the site licences.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline or
equivalent (e.g. ex-Royal Navy Category A, B or C Watch Keeper. Relevant STEM
degrees will also be considered).
- Strong ability to communicate in all situations and at different
- An appropriate level of relevant industrial experience in a
highly regulated industry, preferably nuclear.
- Excellent leadership, negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Security cleared (or eligible to acquire).
- Willingness to learn and ability to diversify across multiple projects and domains.
- Competitive Salary – For all our roles, we offer a competitive and negotiable salary which strongly rivals all of our competitors.
- Holiday Entitlements – We offer 25 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays.
- Company Pension Scheme – We use the NEST pension scheme and choose to pay the higher element of the pension contribution. NEST is a workplace pension set up and recommended by the UK government.
- Support to Your Health & Wellbeing – At NESC, we understand that your health and wellbeing come above all else. Therefore, we offer Bupa private health insurance and gym membership to all our employees.
- Working in an Exciting and Dynamic Environment – We have strong ties with the military and a number of large organisations located throughout the UK so not all work will be confined to one location. You could have the opportunity to visit a number of sites throughout the UK and work on a number of projects.