Safety, Senior Safety and Principal Safety Engineers
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for providing our clients
operational teams with specialist knowledge and support relating to nuclear and
radiological safety, including radiological protection and human factors, and
to ensure ‘right first time’ compliance with regulations. We are looking for
individuals to support both new-build infrastructure as well as projects
relating to the development and maintenance of existing safety cases.
As a Safety Engineer at NESC, responsibilities will include:
- Involvement of the delivery of nuclear safety cases, including the production of technical safety assessments, ALARP justifications, and licencing plans.
- Demonstration of knowledge and support of nuclear
and radiological processes to nuclear clients.
- Ensure compliance with statutory legislation and the terms of the
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience (e.g. ex-Royal Navy Category A or B Watch Keeper. Relevant STEM degrees will also be considered).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills.
- Security cleared (or eligible to acquire).
- Understanding and experience of nuclear safety assessment principles and methodology.
- Willingness to learn and ability to diversify across multiple projects and domains.
- Competitive Salary – For all our roles, we offer a competitive and negotiable salary which strongly rivals all of our competitors.
- Holiday Entitlements – We offer 25 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays.
- Company Pension Scheme – We use the NEST pension scheme and choose to pay the higher element of the pension contribution. NEST is a workplace pension set up and recommended by the UK government.
- Support to Your Health & Wellbeing – At NESC, we understand that your health and wellbeing come above all else. Therefore, we offer Bupa private health insurance and gym membership to all our employees.
- Working in an Exciting and Dynamic Environment – We have strong ties with the military and a number of large organisations located throughout the UK so not all work will be confined to one location. You could have the opportunity to visit a number of sites throughout the UK and work on a number of projects.
You will be given the chance to select which level of Safety Engineering role you are applying for once you have started the application process.